Protecting Your Home This Holiday Season
November 14, 2017
November 14, 2017 | Master Brokers | 828-726-9180
There is a sharp spike in the number of burglaries that occur during November and December each year. Below are a few tips to stay safe this holiday season.
- Do not advertise your travel plans on social media. Even your “friends” are looking for your specific travel plans and may accidentally pass that information along to “friends” with motives.
- Do not leave large boxes or packaging in your trash. Break it down and conceal it, even if you have to dispose of it next week.
- Have adequate lighting. Install outdoor motion sensors and also have your interior lights on some type of remote or schedule to turn on and off.
- Unplug your garage door openers because they cannot be hacked by a universal remote making for easy access into your home.
- Make an inventory with serial numbers of your large household items. This is needed even if you have an insurance claim against some catastrophic event such as a fire.