Role of the Realtor
November 15, 2018
A REALTOR, whether acting as an agent for the Seller or the Buyer, is bound by the Code of Ethics to give fair and honest treatment to all parties in the transaction
The goal of the REALTOR and the buyer is to find a property which meets the buyer’s needs, within his/her budget and time frame and bring the sale to closing in a timely fashion
Some of the Services You Should Expect from a REALTOR include:
- A complete understanding of the type of property that will best meet your needs and wants
- Assisting in determining what you can afford to purchase for property
- Researching the market for suitable properties
- Showing properties and soliciting your feedback
- Preparing the Offer to Purchase contract
- Assisting with financial arrangements
- Interacting with other REALTORS, lending institutions, inspection companies, and attorneys throughout the transaction
There are four ways that the buyer can greatly assist in the home-buying process:
- Be loyal to one REALTOR. Select a REALTOR you feel comfortable with and direct all inquiries to that person. Once assured of the loyalty of the buyer, a REALTOR will spend considerable time, effort, and energy to see that buyer happily relocated.
- Give the REALTOR as much information as possible about the type of property desired, the urgency of relocation, and details on your wish list or other information, which will affect your ability to qualify for a mortgage.
- Let your REALTOR who is a member of a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) investigate all ads. It is not necessary to call each office to see its listings. Your REALTOR has the same information and can obtain prompt assistance from a fellow REALTOR.
- Be frank with your REALTOR about price range and your reaction to each property to avoid confusing the picture and making your search for the right home difficult.
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent
- They are not the same. Although both are licensed to sell real estate, the basic difference is that Realtors subscribed to a code of ethics
- The Code of Ethics is strictly enforced. It contains 17 Articles and various underlying Standards of Practice
- The Standards are much more restrictive and confining as to conduct than those governing agents who simply hold a real estate license
Tiffany Howard Richardson of Nicole James Real Estate Group is a top 1% agent and has participated in a variety of real estate transactions, including residential properties in the secondary home, REO, new construction markets in both the Triangle and Atlanta areas. Tiffany prides herself on maintaining a high level of professionalism and being a tireless advocate of her client’s best interests. A successful real estate transaction relies upon the strength of relationships and the experience of “getting things done”.
A proud representative of K.M. Minemier & Associates, Nicole James Real Estate Group is a full service real estate firm with offices in Durham, North Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia.