Choosing a Charlotte NC REALTOR® to Work with in 3 Easy Steps
August 09, 2018
The many roles of an agent
Choosing the Charlotte NC REALTOR® to work with is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when you’re selling your home.
One of the common mistakes I see many first time home sellers do is list their homes with the first agent they see.
Like shopping for the right car, you need to spend some time and effort to find the right agent who’ll work best with you.
The right agent can do so much, both for you and the home, so it is crucial that you choose the best one!
With the right agent, your home can sell fast for top dollar! The right agent can also make things easy and more convenient by helping you choose the repairs and upgrades which will add value to your property. And the right agent will take care of the negotiations and assist you with the numerous pieces of paperwork involved in selling your home.
Remember, your Charlotte home is your biggest financial asset, so you should choose only the best agent to protect your asset.
How to choose
There are so many REALTORS® and agents in Charlotte, it can be confusing choose one. Here are three easy steps to find the best agent to help sell your home.
1. Research. The first step in looking for the best REALTOR® is by asking for referrals from friends, neighbors, co-workers, people you know who have recently sold their homes in your city.
An excellent REALTOR® leaves a great impression, and people will remember their name. You should also look for an agent with a strong online presence and with good reviews.
A strong online presence indicates that that agent uses technology to market the home and in the process gaining a larger audience. Reviews will tell you how satisfied or not the former clients are about the performance of a certain REALTOR®.
From your research, make a list t of at least three agents to interview and to choose from.
2. Interview. When you’ve done your homework, it is now time to set an appointment with each agent. Your goal for the meeting is to know if that agent has the sufficient skills and experience to sell your home successfully.
You also want to know if you feel comfortable during the discussion if you can build a rapport with him/her. It also helps to have a list of questions to ask the agent, so that you can use yours and the agent’s time more efficiently.
What are some sample questions you should ask? Take a look at the following questions:
- How long have you been working as an agent/REALTOR®?
- Do you work full-time or part-time?
- How long have you been working as an agent in Charlotte?
- How do you plan to market my home?
Find an agent who has been working in the local market for at least five years. That’s not to say that newer agents are not skilled. It’s just that your home is your biggest investment and it is better to entrust it with someone who is more capable and experienced.
3. Decide. Once you’ve interviewed at least three agents, the last step is to choose the best one. Choose according to the results of your interviews, and pick the one you are most comfortable with.
Home selling can be stressful sometimes, especially when you are in a hurry. At the end of the day, you need a REALTOR® who will help relieve your stress and someone you have a rapport with.
Doing these three steps will bring you closer to the right agent for your home for sale in Charlotte NC.
Want to know more about how I will assist you realize your real estate goals? For home buying, selling, and investment assistance, call me, Nancy Braun, at (704) 997-3794 for a complimentary, no-obligation conversation. At your service!