Fall Maintenance Checklist
September 14, 2021
When the last of summer's heat is becoming a memory, and you start pulling out hoodies more than your shorts, it's time to take on a few simple chores that'll make winter more pleasant and avoid any surprises in the spring.
- Stow your mower – make sure to clean the blades and inside before storing.
- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water.
- Check for drafts and seal cracks around doors and windows.
- Clean your gutters!
- Inspect your roof
- Get your furnace serviced and change your filters.
- Trim back your plants surrounding the exterior of the home.
- Bring your outdoor furniture in or use a winter cover.
- Fertilize your lawn, doing this will turn your lawn green faster in the spring.
- Check your detectors and batteries